Events and Festivities
Bell Island is full of events and festivities all summer and reaching into the fall of the year. For specific dates for these events and festivities please see our calendar for the upcoming year. Here is an overview of some of the events that are offered.
- Bellefest on The Beach
- Music on Harry’s Lookout
- Interpretative plays and music at the Keeper’s Cafe.
- Original Dinner Theatre’s and variety shows
- Outdoor plays: “The Haunted Tour: The Ghosts of Bell Island”& “WW11 Comes to Bell Island.”
- Dinner Theatre offered by St. Michael’s Parish
- The Underground Mining Tour and Historic Museum
- Dick’s Kitchen Parties, all summer long
- Dances at the Legion every Saturday night
- Beach party at Lance Cove Beach featuring local entertainment at Historic Lance Cove Beach.
- Bell Island Day in July.
- The Dial A Carol in December
- The Lighting of the Tree of Memories in December, mummers night at a local hall.
- Walk the Plank at Bellefest on the Beach
- Variety shows from the 50plus Club
- Dances at the Curling Club
- Dances at The Black and White
- The annual Kiwanis Christmas Parade
- Interpretive tours upon request
- Lobster boil coming in 2015
- There are also 25 geocache sites on the island so be prepared to become a treasure hunter.
- Play Radio Bell Island Bingo every Sunday from 6:00-7:00pm. Tune into 93.9F
More items to be added as they become available. As well, 2015 will be the biggest year in Bell Island’s History as we celebrate the two hundred and seventy fifth year of Bell Island being settled by Mr. Gregory Normore. It is appropriately named: “The Return of Gregory Normore.” Book your vacation for Bell Island for 2015 while there is still space to sleep on a carpet of grass.